34 weeks pregnant with pressure in vagina area and dizzy.?

I'm 34 weeks along. I have lots of pressure when I stand in the vagina area. hurts to walk. yea the pressure is like on the sides of my hooha... LOL where the V is on your u know what. know the pressure is starting when i am sitting just light pain nothing bad. I am also getting dizzy,just lying down or getting up from sleeping during the night. the room will just start spinning. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call labor & delivery
    Anonymous

• Your baby has moved down, and could actually be blocking some of the blood flow to your body, which causes the dizziness. I'd talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• After your baby "drops" to a lower position, it is common to start feeling some pressure in the vagina. Talk to your doctor if the pressure is severe. S/he can check to see exactly how low the baby's head is.

The main cause of dizziness in pregnancy is due to the rising hormones that cause your blood vessels to relax and widen. This helps increase the blood flow to your baby, but it slows the return of the blood in the veins to you. This causes your blood pressure to be lower than usual, which can reduce the blood flow to your brain, temporarily causing dizziness.

See your obstetrician soon just to make sure that you are both healthy.

neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Also the dizziness could be caused by simple dehydration, go drink a big glass of water. Another reason for the pressure could be how you're sleeping. There's tendons that insert where you're in pain, and if your belly isn't supported properly while you sleep, they could hurt. Lots of things could be going on here.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 1:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I was feeling like this awhile ago and it turned out DD dropped. I was worried because I never got dizzy with DS but I guess getting dizzy is normal. I get dizzy just laying in bed and when I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The pressure is normal its the baby dropping your body will get use to it after like a week. But you will be peeing A LOT more lol thats the sucky part.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 3:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• The dizziness alone warrants a phone call to your doc/OB/L&D. There are many possible reasons for that and you need to be checked out, mainly for high blood pressure, NOW.
    Anonymous

• The pressure sounds very very very normal!! With my 3 oldest kids it hit me hard around 32-34wks, and with my 4th it was even earlier. The dizziness could be a few things, just make sure you are drinking alot of water and not overdoing the activities. If it makes you too nervous than call your doc!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I went through both of these at that time. I'm now 38 weeks and the pressure is still there (sucks) but the dizziness is gone. I asked my Dr about it, she said it's blood pressure, it's normal and it should go away within a couple weeks. Mine did!
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 11:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2010