The shot or IUD??????

Which bc would you prefer: the shot or the IUD??? I had the IUD for 4.5 years. the only thing I didn't like about it was that I could feel it during intercourse. I think I want the shot but I hear a lot of people gain weight on it. I can't take pills on a regular basis so these are really my only option. Let me know good or bad experiences on them!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Health

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I haven't been on either and I'm trying to decide a birth control method too. I am scared to get an IUD because they can get embedded and cause sterility. I think I'd opt for the shot but I haven't researched enough yet to decide. Good luck!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I gained 40 pounds on the shot! I loved not having a period though.
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 1:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i would have to agree about the diaphram. I had horrible side-affects on the shot. I only had it onse and ended up having my period for six months straight. It was an extremely light one but i literally had to have 24 hour protection for 6 months. I didnt want to go back in for the second shot so by the time I called my doc it was too late to get the shot to stop my bad reaction....after that, I never have and never will take any hormomal bc. Not safe.
    shash1

Answer by shash1 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• all my friends on the shot gained 20lbs. I did Mirena but my body expelled it... stupid BC.... lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I used the Depo shot. I loved it. No side effects for me - plus no periods, and I got pregnant almost right after stopping it. It was a picture perfect thing for me. The IUD is horrible horrible horrible.
    Anonymous

• I just thought about something!!! Can I take shot if I'm breast feeding???? I really think the wieght gaining thing is making me not want the shot more. The diaphragm, don't you have to place that in you everytime you want to have intercourse?
    Anonymous

• i got the shot and got fat. I've got an IUD now and love it. I dont feel it during sex. Maybe there was something wrong with yours.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2010