what birth control methods are safe for breastfeeding?

i know there is a pill available, but i'd prefer something that i don't need to take everyday. what are my other options?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Health

• Depo, IUD (copper kind). I'll be getting the IUD. Pull-out is effective if his urethra is clear of semen. A recent study has shown that the sperm quality in pre-cum is very low.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 12:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I dont recommend taking any birth control.....none of it is good for you. A g/f of mine had one of those IUD's inserted and it moved and she had to have an extremly painful procedure to have it removed...
    shash1

Answer by shash1 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• There are lots of you don't want the Pill, a condom works. All of my friends that BF used the Pill, those that didn't ended up pregnant again lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• condoms or diaphragm...diaphragm is way more comfortable
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I personally use NFP (sympto thermal method). People scoff at it but i've never had an unplanned pregnancy while using it...and I'm a fertile myrtle so no one can convince me that it doesn't work!
    Anonymous

• Depo Provera Injection! I breastfed while on it & my Dr assured me it was safe.
    Anonymous