Is your husband this way?

Well for the longest time I have been asking him to go see my parents they live like 12 hours away and his live only 3 hours away so we visit his more often well I told him if he doesn't want to take me I will drive myself with the kids he's like NO there aint no way you are going to drive you and the kids alone on that long road for hours suppose something happens I am like I am a big girl I am sure I can take care of us (he doesn't think so) but anyway today I proved him wrong hehehe my battery was dead in our SUV as I was leaving from running an errand he calls and says What Up??? I am like oh nothing but the vehicle won't start he's like WHAT? he says oh so your on ur own I m like ok bye :) Not even 5 min. I find a guy and he gives me a jump omg I am laughing so hard at my dh you can hear it in his voice...he was jealous I m sure it ur dh like this? I had to share...lol oh I love it!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No.
    Anonymous

• ehhh, my husband is says the same things but I think he's more concerned for our safety than being jealous of another guy. You never know the weirdos out there that stop to help can probably hurt you instead. Glad everything worked out for you though. and ya, my hubby said the same thing when I wanted to drive 8 hrs to see my mom. Stopping at gas stations and stuff can be dangerous if your alone
    shash1

Answer by shash1 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• - the is lol
    shash1

• Nah he isnt like that.

He doesnt necessarily want me doing long drives alone with just the kids but I understand why and dont really wanna do it either.

Besides, getting a jump cuz the battery died isnt the same as driving 12 hrs with however many kids you have. I know how cool it is to prove someone wrong(husband or not)and feel good about it and I think its awesome you got to do that. Now try changing a battery with screaming kids who are hot, hungry or otherwise bothered...thats why some hubby's might not want their spouses driving long distances alone.
    Anonymous

• sometimes..actually he's not.
    Anonymous

• my SO knows that I am more than capable of driving myself, my SKs, and our daughter long distances or taking care of whatever needs taking care of. I think he trusts that I am pretty resourceful. I drove us up to see my mom last year - it was a 5 hour drive there and 5 hour drive back. He didnt bat an eye.

He also knows that he will not keep me from going to see my family if I want to go. So, if I want to go up and see my mom, I am more than welcome to go by myself if he doesnt want to go or has something going on. I am very independent and I would not ASK to go see my mom. I would say, I was thinking of going up to see my mom on this date, would you like to come with? I know he isn't much for long trips so I wouldnt assume that he would want to go.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i do whatever I want now he used to be like that not wanting me to anywhere but in 2012 I am moving to Japan for work and he knows thats just the way it is.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I'm the opposite! My husband would trust me to drive to Cali and back with the kids. I wouldn't trust him to do so. I grew up knowing how to fix my own car, how map out gas milliage to stop in safe places (pee on side of road in country, instead of rest stop) and know exactly how and what to pack. My husband doesn't. He wouldn't think to bring winter kit in the winter, jug of water, stuff like that. I agree that there might not be safe places on the road, but that is why we carry cell-phones, and do not for whatever reason stop at rest stops.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• No. He is not a 16 year old jerk.
    Anonymous

• No my husband wasn't like that and neither was my father....they both imagined that I COULD actually drive or do whatever I needed to do with the kids or without and handle life in general. For example, I could call a tow truck or AAA as well as either of them could! Sometimes I laugh at myself, though...because the more you CAN do, the more you wind up doing!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 4:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2010