SOOO NEED HELP W BC!!

I have not been on bc for the past 15 months (since i had my son) and I know i need one because I do not want to get pg. The only method we use is pulling out because im allergic to latex and and not buying expensive condoms.
I need help w options-- i will see a dr soon but need to think 1st.
--I frequently forget to take my pills -been trying for 12 years now, still not remembering every single night. Therefore they will not work.
--I tried the ring and it messed w my hormones and I was a complete b****.
--I'm allergic to the adhesive in the patch.
--I cannot do the shot because of depression and it is a high risk or worsening depression and increasing suicidal thoughts. Which I dont have but also dont want.
--lastly I am sooo paranoid to do mirena i dont want it to become embeded or get loose in my body.

What do I do? Not have sex? Ya good luck with that one! lol

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 2:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Health

• I would have the doctor talk you into mirena. The chances of anything like that happening are way low. A lot of my friends have them and have had zero problems. I would get one in a heartbeat if my kid-crazy husband would let me. Pills and the ring are jokes to me (because I can't use them right), and I loved the patch, but went off when there was that health scare. I think the only thing I would do is the Mirena. Talk to your doctor about the risks and worst case scenerios. I bet they would outweigh getting pregnant before you are ready or having to deal with condoms! I hate condoms! :) Good luck with what you decide!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• durex makes a cheaper non latex condom.....try that!!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I always liked the VCS while I was trying to NOT get pregnant. ONce I had my last child I just got my tubes tied. Anyway the VCS are just little spermicide strips you insert about 20 min (minimum) before inter course. Not to much of a mood killer in you are into foreplay. I never like condoms for that reason.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Your spouse can get a vasectomy

Answer by rkoloms at 2:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2010