why are you a SAHM?

Just curious. No need for it to get ugly in here lol.
It's hard for me to say that I am a SAHM for financial reasons. Because even if I had a ton of money, I would still choose to stay a home. I LOVE IT!! Yes, I get tired, lonely and run out of ideas to keep my kid entertained while it still being educational. But I much rather be the one to see all of his firsts and other cute moments than a stranger...or even another family member for that matter. I just like being with him. My mom was a SAHM until all of us went to school, so maybe thats why I like it so much.

shash1

Asked by shash1 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am a SAHM and homeschool mom. I was home until my daughter went to school. Then for 3 years I worked 3rd shift while she was at school. Then the school thing turned ugly and I had to take her out. Now I am so glad I am home with her. I love seeing her learn new things. I hope I can keep it up but financially it's hard.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• bc i want to be. i have my degree and am certified to do a couple of different professions, but i want tostay home with thekids so here i am lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I am planning to homeschool as well! I am so excited to start pre-school next year. I love that he will be getting everything he needs from school at his home w/o all of the distractions!!!
    shash1

Answer by shash1 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Because this is only a brief part of their lives that I make the difference. I too have a degree and had a career and choose this because it is the only time in my life I will have this opportunity. Of course there are days I yearn for adult conversation, showering and brushing my teeth right away, and even eating a piece of candy whenever I want too...but soon they will be off to school and this time will be over!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• we are struggling financially but my husband and i agreed that the best thing for our family was for me to be home with the kids. I want to be the one rasing my children and building a strong relationship with them I think that would be very hard if they are away from me most of the day. If we can I would love to homeschool as well. I personally feel that they are our responsiblity na dth best way I know how to raise them, train them and teach them is to be with them. Once you hand them over to someone else you are giving them the full responsiblity for taht period of time.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Because i had him and im selfish and i want him all to myself...next year he will be in school :( and i will never regret that i stayed home with my baby...i will always remember that i enjoyed him while he was little.I really would like to say thank you to my hubby because he made this possible for me..and im not here to bash, not every mom gets this great chance,,,some mommies actually have no choice and have to work :( and that has to be hard.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I was originally going to be a stay at home mom for the 1st year of my son's life. Then he started falling behind developmentally and socially and was later on diagnosed with autism. Now I stay home with him and my 2 week old so I can get him to all his classes and therapies every week. I love staying home with my kids. Now, the plan has changed and I will hopefully get to stay at home with them until they get in school. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I am a SAHM because I go to school and I don't trust ppl with my son lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Hey, i'm not a SAHM but I admire those that are and can handle it because it is a hard job. I don't care what anyone else thinks, it is tough, but it's also rewarding to spend all that time with your child. Those precious moments go quick.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I'm also a SAHM and a homeschool mom. We only have such a short time with our kids, 18 years isn't that long if you think about it. I don't want to miss any of it. I love watching my kids grow and learn every day and can't imagine it any other way.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2010