Have you ever gotten a BFP HPT past the recommended time? Was it a real + or a false +?

I'm BFing and haven't had a period yet. Since I had period while BFing my other 2 kids I thought I'd take a HPT. I read it from 2 to 5 min and it looked negative. I stuffed it under the bathroom sink (didn't want to freak my husband out if I weren't really pregnant) and this morning while he was out for a run and went to get it and throw it away and it was +. It wasn't a ghost positive, it was a bright blue +. Now I'm wondering if I should buy another test or not. If I got pregnant it was while EBF and it was just 7 weeks post partum. What are the odds?

I know you aren't supposed to read HPT past the recommended time, but I Googled it and everything I read talked about ghost lines or faint lines, but I got a super brite blue line.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would retest just to be sure. You can still ovulate even if you are ebfing. I was one of those unlucky moms that starting my period when my son was 4 or 5 month ebfing, so it is possible
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I think you just have to test again.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I would say test again. I have ones that read positive the next day and I was not.
    Anonymous