Well mannerd, polite, respectful children??

Hi, I have two toddlers 3 & 4, I speak to them polite and respectful, I hope to make of mykids high class from w/in all the way but my Husband messes it up big time!!!!
Even when he upsets me I speak to him w/respect but the traler trash come out of him in a heart beat. He is lawyer, he knows how to speak polite and respectfull when he wants to impress other people. He speaks bad words in front of our two little girls and I totally dissaprove. I ask him to help me raise two classy ladys. I tought them to say Thank you, please,excuse me etc,etc but then Daddy comes home from work they turn in to little unpolite little girls, they play to burp, fart on each others faces, play wreseling,and they have said a bad word or two. I say to him to speak to me as if I was one of his richest clients, to also try to impress me w/good manners and politeness but uugggghhhh! What to do????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• It never hurts to have manners. Keep up the good work. Just tell them "that's not nice" when they behave like heathens.
    Anonymous

• :( I understand! My husband gets frustrated really easily and sometimes a word will slip up. By this my son now knows the "f" word. My husband is not proud of it and he knows I disapprove as well, but I realize none of us are perfect and perfection isn't good either, but when we make mistakes we let our chiuldren know. So, when daddy says a bad word we tell them thta daddy did something wrong too. Or when I mess up (not with cussing but with other things) I tell my children (who see and copy everything) that I messed up too. As far as farting etc.... well, kids are going to think its hilarious no matter who does it. I have learned not to be so uptight with that, but also teach them to be polite.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• You let them be kids!!!!! wow. if they don't learn it from Daddy now they are going to learn it from the kids at school sometime. My boys say thank you and please, excuse me and yes ma'am/sir. But they still burp and fart in each others faces etc. THEY ARE KIDS. relax! it's not important that they be proper and perfect all the time. What's important is that they learn what is appropriate for each situation. Is it necessary to cover your lap with a napkin and not laugh loudly when at chuck 'e cheese? of course not. But do you want your children to know those skills for when they ARE in a nice restaurant ...well of course.
    So let them be kids and work on teaching them appropriateness depending on the situation.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Get over it!
    They ARE NOT his richest clients, and you are trying to raise snobs!!! Let those kids be kids for God's sake!
    Anonymous

• Just be yourself...your kids will know if you are faking it!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I do let them to be kids like the farting and burping but theres a time and place for all that b/c I don't appreciate when we go to somebodys house, I dress them nice but waht comes out of their mouths is bad. Also I do don't appreciate the bad words and ugly manners in a little girl!!!!!! I tell him "yes they will learn to speak w/bad words but I don't want them to learn it from their parents"
    so much for trying to aducate w/good manners?! For a while I had them asking for stuff by "pleace" now htey want to grabb things from eachohters hands, mine an dother peoples. WHY DOES THE ANSWER HAVE TO BE "NO ONE IS PERFECT" COMMON KNOWLEDGE!!! WHY WOULD I EVER WAHT TO ASK FOR ADVICE IF THE ANSWER IS GOING TO BE "NO ONE IS PERFECT" WHY EVEN BOTHER?
    Anonymous

• Its normal for them to not always have manners. They're children, not robots. Every child lets loose from time to time. It's normal, and its healthy for their development. I'm polite and respectful now but you can believe I was acting like that while growing up. It's part of the process.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2010