What are ways to organize small spaces on a budget

I need ideas for bathroom and kid rooms as well as a storage closet

chica1965

Asked by chica1965 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use one of those hanging shoe organizers on the back of the door for their toys.
    I have another on the back of my bathroom closet door for make up, q-tips, lotions, etc.
    I use wire shelfs in closets to create more shelves.
    And then I scaur the Goodwill stores for bargins on furniture and organizing tools (hanging shelves, baskets, nightstands, etc.)
    Sometimes, I have also been lucky to drive thru a neighborhood on trash day, and someone has redone their home and put perfectly good furniture out to the curb for the taking :-)
    Good Luck and Happy hunting :-)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• This is what I did in addition to what the person above me has said.  I have put wire shelves above in my closets.  I have bought those spring- up tall baskets to store sweaters on the shelves.  Below -in the closet-I have put drawers-plastic ones with 4 drawers in them and for my daughter put underpants in the top drawer, bras and undershirts in the next lower one, then dark socks -third drawer down and  white socks in the bottom.  I also put folded up t-shirts on top of this thing. 

I am in the process of letting her pick out what she needs starting at the top and working down.  Then she goes to the rest of the closet and picks out what else she wants to wear.  (This is part of her earning  a happy face that looks like her-added to other tasks if she gets 10 faces that look like her, we go out for a sandwich. ) I have to be ingenious-daughter likes to trash!!

VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 5:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• garage sales, goodwill, salvation army...great places to find organizational stuff for very cheap. also IKEA is really affordable for organizing, you just have to look at the prices, and not fall for the "pretty stuff".
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Kids rooms have plenty of toys. What I did just today was get rid of toys that they don't want anymore and organized a cabinet that I got from our neighbor who was leaving for another State. So I'm thankful for the free magnetized 3 layer cabinet that is perfect for their toys. I also keep plastic containers of jellies, noodles, etc...My hubby said, I'm a hoarder but really...I've got something in mind for those stuffs. My daughter and I printed labels for those plastic containers today and we put in her food toys, kitchen toys, small barbie /bratz doll accessories, Legos, etc... Then those little containers can be placed inside the cabinet. Very neat and tidy! To save on the drawers and storage pieces, check out garage sales or your neighborhood bulletin boards and craigslist.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• great tips ladies
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2010