So weird...

Okay so my blood pressure is usually 135ish over 75 some where around there. Ive never had high blood pressure or any thing except when I got the flu. Well I went in to my OB and my blood pressure was 123 over 62 I think, I just remember it was much lower then usual. Is that normal? It has always been in the 130 with this baby and with DS. Is there a reason it would drop that low in just a week? Should I be worried? The nurse said it was normal but I just thought it was really weird.

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 3:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds fine
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• 135/75 is rather high to begin with. Normal is considered 120/60, they consider it preeclampsia at 140/90. Your doctor is probably relieved to see it at a lower level. It is nothing to worry about unless it drops below 90/40.

It can drop due to less stress or just less activity during the day. It may have measured less if you waited for a while in the waiting room and you weren't active before the appointment.

Good luck! I hope that helps!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• They took us straight back when we got there and took it so I thought it would be high from walking up the staris. THe nurse has always told me that anything up to 140/80 is normal.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 4:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Classification of blood pressure for adults age 18 years and older

Category Systolic (mm Hg) Diastolic (mm Hg)

Normal* less than 120 and less than 80
    Prehypertension 120–139 or 80–89
    Hypertension
    Stage 1 140–159 or 90–99
    Stage 2 160 or higher or 100 or higher

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4450

This is the chart most doctor's use. Preeclampsia is the same as hypertension.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2010