Drumming Circle Pagan Mom's

I use to be part of a drum circle, but it didn't work out. When we were moving my drum got damaged beyond repair and I want to get a new one.

Where did you get yours at? Some of the sites I've found are so out of my price range it isn't funny. I'm not planning on joining a circle again, just for my own enjoyment.

I'd like to keep the price around or under $50, but I don't want to get a teeny-tiny one. Any suggestions?

Blessings and Thanks

daisy521

Asked by daisy521 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I actually found my drum in a flea market for 25.00. It is a djembe that just needed dusting off.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Wow. I don't have a drum, but that sounds like fun! Good luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• What kind of drum are you looking for? We bought our main dumbek at Sam Ash music store http://www.samash.com , a couple of our smaller drums came from second hand stores, my son made a couple more at a drum making workshop, and we are looking at buying another from Lark in the Morning http://larkinthemorning.com/ . Sometimes you can buy them at Pagan fests too.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• They really don't have Pagan fests here, I've been to one when we lived in Kentucky.

DH found a really nice Djembe on the Musician's Friend site, I think it cost too much. But my birthday is coming up and if I know him he'll get it anyway. We haven't really had the chance to go to many second hand places, mostly cuz of the boys. So who knows, I hate spending too much on one when I'm no longer in a circle anymore. The group I was in is the only one in our area, so it would mostly be me playing at the house, something I'm sure my neighbors would love.
    So I guess we'll see what happens. I guess if it's meant to be...it will happen.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2010