reusing playtex drop in liners???

Is it ok to do this?? if so how many times can you reuse them? Can you just rinse them out and then use for next feeding or just put them in fridge for next feeding?? or not at all??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I did. I rinsed them after the feeding, with really hot water, and reused them for the next feeding. So twice per liner. My SIL would wash them - turn them inside out, soap them, hang to dry, etc, and reuse them until they broke.
    Anonymous

• imm hmmm i would only maybe use them once maybe twice but thats it-
    Anonymous

• I would be careful about this - - soft plastics, like those used to make baggies and bottle liners, shouldn't be exposed to high temperatures - it breaks down the plastic and chemicals from the bags can get into the food. NOT heating the plastic would mean that you are re-using bags that aren't sterilized, which makes them a breeding ground for germs and bacteria. Neither are the healthiest choice. . . . .
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I would not think this is a very good idea. If you are looking to save money the non preformed ones are a lot cheaper. Then again you could just get regular bottles and wash them. Reusing disposable liners just screams unsanitary and unsafe.
    Anonymous

• I reused. Just make sure the baby isnt sick or anything. I would rinse with water and refill and put in fridge for the next time. I would reuse one for about a day when she was an infant, but now, she only gets one bottle a day, so it's days before i toss it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I've never reused them but I do use the store brand that is far cheaper. There's a slight difference in quality, store brand isn't as soft and collapsable but otherwise work fine
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 6:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Why not just get a regular bottle then?
    Anonymous