What can i do to help my sons fever?

Hes 7 months old and has 103 fever and is throwing up horribly i have already given him tylonal and am puting a cool wet washcloth on his head.

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give the baby a lukewarm bath & don't cover him up in warm clothing or blankets. just some loose cotton clothes to keep him cool. give tylenol as directed & keep him hydrated. 103 is pretty high, so take him in to see a doctor or to the ER if it gets even higher. my nephew had a seizure at 105, which is a good amount higher than your son's, but i still thought it would be worth mentioning in case his fever continues to climb. good luck & i hope he feels better
    Anonymous

• All you can do is keep an eye on it....wait a couple hours, and if the tylenol hasn't made the fever go down, I would call his doctor, or bring him to the hopsital...and if the fever goes down with the tylenol, wait an hour before you give him any more...and see if the fever comes back....and if it does, I'd also bring him to a doctor....and I would make sure you give him some water...or pedialite so he doesn't get dehydrated from the vommiting. Good luck, and i'm sorry your baby is sick, hope he feels better.
    Anonymous

• Strip him down to just his diaper.
    If the tylenol doesn't bring the fever down at least a degree after an hour go to the er.
    Good luck!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I always will alternate tylenol and motrin every 4 - 6 hrs. Stripping him down to a diaper is a great idea too, make sure to keep him hydrated. If it doesn't drop, call the doctor/er.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 5:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• If he's that young you need to call his doctor and ask what's best at this point.
    Anonymous

• The fever serves a purpose; it is the cure, not the disease. If the Tylonel lowered the fever at all that is a good sign, but I would not give anymore unless your babe cannot rest. Tylonel inhibits the ability of the liver to fight the illness. If you are bf then I would couch potato and offer often.
    Dr. Sears --Dehydration .

Dr. Sears -- Vomiting

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 7:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Also, it is the rapid change in body temp, not the number in and of itself that causes febrile seizures.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/febrile-seizure/DS00346

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 7:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• put rubbing alcohol on the bottom of his feet with a cotton ball. I have no idea why it works but it sure does. I hear it also works if applied to the forehead but I was not putting alcohol on my kids faces.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• DO NOT PUT RUBBING ALCOHOL ON HIM!!!!!!
    Anonymous