would you be upset?

we wanted to adopt a cat at the shelter, we found one that we thought would of been perfect a long haired black male that was onry as hell. the ppl at the shelter said he isnt good for kids cause he will jump up and attack being playful. the reason we wanted another cat is because we have 2 at home a 8 yr female and 2 yr male, both fixed, but the female isnt playful and the male is and he gets rough with her and she just wants to be left alone so he then does run by attacks or sneek attacks on me and the kids...he just wants to play, this other cat would of been perfect for him to get rough with. well they talked us into getting this fat white cat that just laid there...they wouldnt let us adopt the black one. we got the white cat home and he hated the other 2 cats and was scared of my kids and always hid. the shelter kept telling us give him time its a new place when we wnted to take him back...well its past the 30 day CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• take back period..not sure what to call it...and well he hasnt changed at all, then when my kids were going in and out he took off outside and now he wont come back in cause he is scared of people. come to find out that he was a feral cat to begin with that was caught in a live trap, when we asked about his history b4 adoption they said he was abandoned nothing about being wild and havin to been trapped to catch ....i feel so cheated
    Anonymous

• That was very wrong of them to do. I'd be upset.
    Anonymous

• I would be upset too, but really a wild cat can be domesticated, it just takes extra effort, and a lot of loving. The more you pet him the better he will be, he needs more time than the one you were told, don't give up on him!

Answer by older at 5:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• op here

the white cat was 9 yrs old and deaf also...and i doubt he is ever coming back...he did a straight shot out that door it was like a white blur...he wont even come when called..i tried putting food down to coax him. my female cat was a feral cat we got her 5 years ago and she warmed up pretty fast ...the neighbors were shocked that we were able to pet her...she still isnt a lap cat and never will be but she will rub up against our legs and demand to be petted. she pretty much adopted us, the kids let her in one day and she wouldnt go back out side lol
    Anonymous