How many of you think that smoking is wrong during pregnancy?

I know many girls that still smoked when they were/are pregnant. I quit when I found out.

GabbyCayceesMom

Asked by GabbyCayceesMom at 5:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think smoking,drinking,doing drugs,phisycal fighting and bungee jumping are all dangareous :P
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• oh btw i meant while pregnant and after.anything that can harm anyone is bad period no need to be pregnant to know that one.Moms arent any less valuable if they arent pregnant becuase their babies still want them around.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I think it's wrong.
    But I still did it.
    With both my kids.
    I couldn't quit. Sorry.
    Yeah, I know I'm a horrible mother.
    Too bad I don't care what you think.
    My kids are healthy and strong.
    & that's all that matters to me (=
    Anonymous

• It is without question that smoking during pregnancy is wrong simply because research strongly shows that it can harm the baby. That said, it is also wrong to do a whole list of other things of which all could harm a unborn baby as well. I don't feel that one is better or worse, it is simply a matter of guilt due to not doing all you can to protect the baby that was entrusted to the mother. At the same time, smoking is highly addicting and I realize that it is a major struggle to quite. Yet, to simply not even try is shameful.
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• of course it's wrong
    Anonymous

• Wrong. Motherhood is about putting the child first.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Yes it's wrong. I used to smoke and I quit before I even thought about getting pregnant.

Answer by missanc at 7:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• yes it is unhealthy to smoke while pregnant but it is better for a mother to 'cut back' than quit sometimes. The stress of trying to go cold turkey can be hard on the baby. The ob needs to be aware so they can help the mother and evaluate the risk. IMO
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Of course it's wrong, but people do it anyway, and then try to justify it by saying their babies are fine. My sister had birth defects, yet my mom says she was just fine, too. It's funny how some people define fine.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Yes it wrong-but I know that that some do it with no complications-I think its an unnecessary risk-but then again, I had no trouble quitting....
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2010