What is a good hobby that is somewhat inexpensive?

And very time consuming. I'm so bored just sitting at home but I don't have a lot of money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Birdwatching. It's free.
    Anonymous

• reading- there's tons of good books out there!!

scrapbooking, sports, exercising, knitting, baking, puzzles....
    Anonymous

• knitting or crochet
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Scrapbooking can be time consuming and I've done it inexpensively with simple things like construction paper, etc.

Otherwise, maybe exercising? That's always free at home...Lol. I know that probably doesn't sound fun though. How about starting your own online blog/diary, volunteering or selling things on ebay?
    Anonymous

• Collaging. I love to do this to "get things out". All it takes is paper, glue, magazines and scissors. I use a big scrap notebook (it's a spiral book with blank pages) and rubber cement.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I'd vote knitting or crocheting. It can be as inexpensive as you need such as unraveling wool sweaters from thrift shops to making your own yarn from plastic grocery bags. A $7 cone of cotton yarn (Peaches & Creme) you can make several dishcloths or other kitchen/home items like bath mats; it's not really suitable for garments. Crocheting is faster and uses more yarn than knitting.

If you want more bang for your buck learn to spin your own yarn with a drop spindle then you knit or crochet with that yarn. An average 4 oz braid of wool about $15, depending on how you spin it you can have enough yarn for just a hat and scarf set, a pair of socks, or a huge lace shawl that will.not.end. ::glares at such a shawl on my desk:: That $18 braid has about 6 hours of spinning time invested and another 3 months of off/on knitting time -- I'm about 15% completed. For entertainment money per hour, you're not going to get much cheaper.

kassknits

Answer by kassknits at 12:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• quilting take old clothes that u dont wear anymore cut ur pieces and sew them together.
    i also do lots of scrapbooking which is very inexpensive. u can get lots for ur money at biglots and sometimes goodwill.
    lila4909

Answer by lila4909 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2010