Devil's Advocate

When answering questions on here,do you try to see the asker's point of view,or do you automatically try to play devil's advocate? Combo of both? I've noticed most answerers tend to knock the asker down IMO. I've asked questions and got attacked by 99% of the answerers! yeah,yeah I know. Big girl panties,right? I just figure,whats wrong with wanting a little sympathy and/or support?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you. It's easy for some to be harsh on those who they really don't know. Often, I find people rude and insulting but on the other hand, there are some wonderful women on here with great ideas and perspectives. I personally just try to appreciate the kind people and ignore the rude ones.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Sometimes I agree and sometimes I also play deil's advocate- but try to not say anything mean. It seems like some women are just looking for something to bitch about!!
    Anonymous

• I won't be rude, but I won't lie either. If you're asking for opinions, you need to be prepared to hear them and remain respectful in return. I've seen many people get peeved because the answers weren't what the OP was seeking. If the only right opinion is the one you have, don't bother asking in the first place.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I suppose it depends on what the question is. Sometimes I cant help but be blunt.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i try to be honest without being rude. if i wouldnt say something to someones face i dont say it on the computer either. if i have nothing nice to say i dont say anything.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Those would be the trolls who frequent the site. They are always waiting in the wings to crash someone's day. Just ignore them.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 8:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2010