What do you think of 16 and Pregnant??

I think it paints a pretty accurate picture of what it's like for teen moms. Do you think it glorifies teen pregnancy??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no i do not think it glorifies teen pregnancy.
    ...and honestly, i think it makes most of the young moms on the show look really stupid! Most of them just don't seem to "get it!"
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i agree with you but i dont think its going to stop many from getting pregnant.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 6:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I actually like the show. It's one of my guilty pleasures when the kids go to bed and I have time to myself at night :)
    I personally think it's pretty accurate and doesn't "glorify" teen pregnancy. In fact, most of the girls on the show end up alone (meaning they are not with the father of the baby) and in pretty tough situations.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i watch the show, and i DONT think it glorifies teen pregnancy.
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i cant help but like it. i was a teen mom and it's pretty accurate. and i cant help but feel sorry for those girls cuz it is really hard no matter how much support you have.
    Anonymous

• i watch the show. it makes me so angry. but i cant turn the channel. i hate watching these little girls that are so self-absorbed have children. i dont think its all about age, i think that some of it it just their personalities. I have a big issue that the girls are so happy to give up their children so tehy can continue living their "teen" life. and, it annoys me that they are all so excited about school to have time away from their children. It doesnt seem like they make too many sacrifices. Their parents still support them, most dont have jobs-so i have to wonder who is paying for all this?
    i was a teen mom. not that young, but i was still in school. i went to school and worked 40+ hrs a week while i was pregnant. Other than my shower, no one handed me anything. my boyfriend got a job so we could afford insurance. and when she was 3 months i went to work while he was at home. it wasnt easy but we made it work.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I think its the rapid change from elation over being pregnant and expecting baby, to the reality of what life with a newborn is really like. It's not easy at any age but when you're still just a kid yourself its that much harder. I don't think its going to prevent pregnancy either. There are too many people out there thinking it won't happen to them. But hopefully it gives a dose of reality to those who are trying to get pregnant as a teen.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I think its a little too doomy actually I mean yeah teen pregnancy sucks but every single one ends in them depressed and hating life. I know a lot of teen moms and most of them are stressed and regretful but unlike the moms they show they do love the kids and end up being in a decent relationship and getting on with their lives. I know its basically a psa against it but they could show one that ends ok every once in a while (though I have only seen like 4 or 5 so maybe they do...
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I agree with mrsjosey too. I mean they are all WAY too self absorbed to be mom's. I mean I guess the show makes it worse than it is but dang I am sorry but I don't know any teen moms that are like well I just want to have someone else raise him all day so I can go to school and then party all night.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• that show usually makes me mad. they're clueless & self absorbed. i was a teen mom & my life was not nearly as easy as theirs (with all the help, support, babysitters, etc) & they are still complaining. i guess it just shows that people are never content
    Anonymous