For moms who are Completely Uneducated about Vaccines...

Did you know that...

EVERY school in the country accepts children without vaccines - they have to?

Every state funded Daycare HAS to accept children without vaccines?

Even the MILITARY HAS to accept non-vaccinated persons and CAN NOT force anyone to get them?

The MAJORITY of Collages (including Yale, Harvard and most IV Leagues) DO accept people without vaccines??

This idea that you can not live a normal life because you aren't vaccinated is simply propaganda and lies. Please look it up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements.aspx

So that's false?  I agree that people need to know their state's requirements, but blanket statements don't work.

Anonymous

• I really dont CARE :)
    Anonymous

• makes me glad my kid has all hers!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I can only comment on CT. I work in a daycare/Preschool. yes, we accept kids without vaccines. BUT we HAVE to exclude them if someone in the center comes down with one of the diseases. This year we had one child with chicken pox. Any child in the center not vaxed against chicken pox was excluded. Next year "flu vaccine" is going to become required. So any child without their proper doses of flu vaccine will be excluded during the season when we have anyone with the flu. Good luck to working moms on that one.
    Anonymous

• You really think the military can't force you to get your shots? Really? 'Cause all I got asked was if I was allergic to eggs or shellfish before they stuck the gun to my arm and sent me down the line to have it done again.
    Anonymous

So that's false? I agree that people need to know their state's requirements, but blanket statements don't work.
    ----------------------------

NO, that's 100% true. And if you notice EVERY state has some type of exemption... ALL OF THEM! Even states which do not allow for Personal reasons, allow for religious, and ANY religion could fall in under the exemption...
    Anonymous

• You really think the military can't force you to get your shots?
    _____________

Once again, you have to be educated! IF you file the proper paper work when you sign up you can join without getting vaccines... I know people in each branch without vaccines. Again, education is the key!
    Anonymous

• Sorry, I know this question wasn't for me, but I have to comment on this post....

"http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements.aspx
    So that's false? I agree that people need to know their state's requirements, but blanket statements don't work."

If you read that, you will see that ALL 50 states offer a religious exemption. The definition of a religious exemption is as follows...

Children need not be immunized if the parent, guardian or emancipated child objects in writing to the immunization on religious grounds or on the basis of a strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief.

Your objection of vaccines does NOT actually have to be a religious one, simply a belief as strong as a religious belief! So, yes, that blanket statement IS correct!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• sabrina: I KNOW that in the state of WI you have to have a RELIGIOUS leader sign the form and I know a lot that will NOT sign the form unless there is a TRUE religious reason. I also know doctors that won't sign the form unless there is a TRUE medical condition that would be made worse because of the vaccines.

I for one am glad that my son has all his vaccines because MY decisions affect many more people than just him. My decisions to vaccinate affect everyone he comes into contact with.

This is another topic that just needs to be stopped and everyone to agree to disagree.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Did you know that for vaccines to be effective 95% of people HAVE TO BE VAX? So you are not only putting your children in danger but others as well.

Did you know that there are still cases of polio in the united states?

Did you know a child can die from measles?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2010