Can you kick butt?

If someone would attack you on the street or at home, would you be able to defend yourself and protect your children or would you be begging for mercy and waiting for someone to save you? In today's society many of us are taking security for granted until something happens and makes us realize that we are pretty much on our own. Do you think it's time for you to take a self-defense course?

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 6:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I took a self defense course with my mum a few years ago.
    I am fairly reserved in group settings, especially when I don't know anyone so I was quickly pointed out by the instructor as someone who would be a victim.
    He quickly took it back...lol.
    I had the hardest kick in my class.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I could hold my own for a little while, but if someone for some reason really wanted to kill me, they'd be able to do it.

I plan on taking self-defense classes after I'm done with this pregnancy, though. I'm going into a field of work that it would be really beneficial if I knew how to do hand to hand combat as opposed to just knowing how to shoot (which is something that I CAN do and am working on getting my concealed carry permit as well).
    Anonymous

• I definitely need to take a self defense course. Im about 100 pounds and like 5'0, im not very strong. If im in the situation though, I would fight back to the best of my abilities. If someone is trying to hurt me or my son I would not just lay down and take it. I would wail my arms, kick, scream, use my mace, anything that I could do to either ward off the attacker or give myself a little bit of time to run away. But I do need to take a self defense course so that I could actually do some damage. Once this semester is over I plan on looking into it.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• it would depend. i'm a pretty small person but if someone was to mess with me i would probably take out all my rage about everything in life on them. i try to atleast keep my pepper spray with me when i go out.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I don't think that pepper sprays and guns work in every situation. How are you going to keep a gun handy when you have small kids in the house?
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 7:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I take aikido and I am learning mui tai Thailand boxing it teaches you to use your your whole body as a weapon.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I have a black belt. I hope I can kick butt.
    Anonymous

• I took a little self defense course called The Army. Yeah, I can kick butt.
    Anonymous

• Dh and i both have our concealed handgun permits and u better believe I carry it with me. We both take self defense classes and we practice on each other whenever he's home. Not to sound crazy or anything but in the event of someone attacking me I plan on killing them. Regardless of how they beg. I will put 2 in thier chest and 1 in thier head and be done with it knowing my kids are safe.
    Anonymous

• LOL anon:44. All Army chics are just SOO kick ass. Sure. That doesn't give you a free pass to say you can kick ass.
    Anonymous