What brand potty did you use for training?

I just got a Safety 1st Comfy Cushy 3 in 1 potty from Walmart and I'm just hoping for an opinion on it. I'm starting to have some doubts about it based on reviews I saw, but I can return it if she hasn't used it yet. Otherwise, I saw babies r us also had a Summer Infant 3 stage reward potty... On the one I bought some people have said the seat absorbs the pee and can't get cleaned... Then on some they say the pee goes everywhere or the hard seats leave red rings on their butts... What I don't get about any of them is that some of the reviews will be so bad, then others think it's just fine... i dunno what to think!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine's safety first from walmart it is also a 3 in one. simple white base green lid blue seat
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i would return it though, cause i can understand it will hurt their butt i used to have a padded cushion on our regular toilet and after a while it started to hurt, lol. The pee going every where though is normal with boys thats why we tell ours to hold his pee pee stick down
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Sorry I'm not much help, we didn't buy one for potty training, my son just used the regular toilet. Good luck hon.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I agree about the "fancy" potties being hard to clean. For my second I bought a BJORN potty and it is super easy to clean. You can take it outside and hose it off if necessary.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• With my oldest, we used the regular potty and probably will with our other two. Walmart sells little stools that they can step up to and either sit or stand on (boy stand and be tall enough, girl climb up and sit). You can reward your child for going in the potty yourself by figuring out their favorite thing. My friend's daughter loved jelly beans and that was her reward! Then as they get better, you go for longer increments like for every 2 times they potty, then 3 and so on. I also remember that they used to make a little cushy insert for the big potty that just sat on top of the toilet seat. IDK maybe those might save you a little money?
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I would return it. I have that one. the issue I have with it is that the cushy cushion comes off. Easy. DD is constantly taking hte cushion off and running off with it. It is also hard to clean that cushy ring. Our look nasty! I am going to have to replace the whole potty because no amount of cleaning can make it look not gross. I HATE this potty. I originally got it because it was cheap. I wish I had spent an extra few bucks on the pooh or froggy potty. No cushy ring to deal with. And lets face it I don't need a cushy ring I don't know why I thought she would. IMO
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I just read the reviews for the froggy potty I was thinking of replacing DD with. It got 4 and a half stars 67 reviewers.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• buy a simple one peice potty. from experience you will never use the stool. and the big potty adapters are useless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2010