Cat digs pots with plants. What can I do?

I put between the pots with a capacity of foul-smelling liquid (vinegar, household chemicals). I'm stuck in the ground sharp sticks. Nothing helps. Cat digs in pots when he sees what I do with plants. Cat did not write - just dig. Cat probably thinks that helps me. This, I think its psychology. about a big problem for me and it's killing my flowers ...

Balalaika

Asked by Balalaika at 8:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Pets

• Hmm,,,You can spray the cat with a water bottle, they usually get the hint with that, but first you have to catch kitty in the act. I know it wouldnt look so good for awhile, but you can put a nylon type of covering over the plants so kitty cant get into them. Or, get plastic plants and walk away,..,lol Hope I helped!
    Anonymous

• moth bolls. they stink though
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I've always put sea shells and large rocks in the plants-- too heavy for the cat to move.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• make a mixture of cayenne pepper, castile soap, vegetable oil, and mostly water. put in a spray bottle and spray the dirt and leaves. this is also an ant deterrent.
    HollyZoller

Answer by HollyZoller at 10:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2010