8 wks and my pants don't fit

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and I've already got out all of my maternity clothes from my last pregnancy (our son is almost 4) I have one pair of regular pants that will button around my waist and that is it. The rest don't fit. I don't feel like I look like I've got a baby bump, I feel bloated and just like I've gained some weight. Not a lot, just enough that my pants won't fit comfortably. My mom was teasing me today saying maybe there's more than 1 baby in there (twins run in our family lol, she's real funny!) Anyone experience this, this early? I don't remember from my first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you probably are just bloated. wait a few more weeks and it will probably go down. or you really are having twins
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• idk because i didn't change pants until about 5 months and some times after that i would just wear long shirts and leave my jeans unbuttoned. I had just found out i was pregnant at 8 weeks
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I had the same problem...at around 8 weeks with all of my children. You are just bloated, trust me. When you get to about 3 or 4 months the bloating will go down and then later on your baby bump will come. My sister had twins and was actually smaller than I was when I was pregnant. I don't believe size in the beginning has anything to do with the number of babies.
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 9:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I got really big really fast when I was pregnant. I remember being at a Christmas party and finding out that another girl was 4 months further along than me and she looked like an underwear model! I was two months and I was already wearing stretch pants! I ended up gaining 45 pounds in that pregnancy, but don't worry it's not a sign that you'll have a giant baby (or more than one hardy har har) it just means that your body is amped up and ready to support a life!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I am 8 weeks 4 days and pretty much in just maternity pants, or I am using the bella band with regular pants. I showed at 12 weeks with my first kid and now it's so frustrating! Especially since I'm trying to hide it until after the ultrasound.

I feel your pain and NO you're not alone!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 10:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2010