TMI but read anyway please!

OK hear me out on this one... I have sore boobies today and did yesterday too. I took a pregnancy test today that was negative, but I just had a period two weeks ago. Could that have been a false negative since it may be too soon? I had my son 2 years ago and my periods still aren't regular, so I don't really remember if sore boobs two weeks after a period is normal... Can anyone help me? I am not some ditz asking if I am pregnant please don't tell me to go to the doctor either, my husband and I have no insurance. Just answer if you know if the soreness is normal, or if it could have been a false negative. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If your period was 2 weeks ago you could be pregnant but only by a few days. Soreness was my first sign of pregnancy along with nausea, both before my missed period. Most pregnancy tests cant tell that early, wait a week and try again. Good Luck!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Sore breasts is usually due to hormones. Since you just had a period two weeks ago, it's probably too early to have sore breasts due to pregnancy, but timing could be right for ovulation. If you don't get your period in another two weeks, test again.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Sore breasts are related to the hormone shift that occurs just after ovulation takes place. It is an increase in progesterone that causes this discomfort. As to whether or not you are pregnant? It sounds as though ovulation has just occurred and that the egg probably would not have had time to implant since it takes about 5-7 days post-fertilization. I am assuming that you probably ovulated two days ago since that is when the breast tenderness began, so I would give it at least another week before testing. So I would say that breast tenderness is normal and a false negative is possible. I think it is still too early for either factor to be considered an indicator of pregnancy. That is just my thoughts....
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2010