My son is in cub scouts and baseball. My son made co leader for a month but hes required to be at the meetings now. Well its his birthday Tuesday and he has a game at the same time as cub scouts. He wants to do the game but has a obligation to the scouts what do I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I personally would make him go to cub scouts. Its a good way to teach him responsibility.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• he has an OBLIGATION & RESPONSIBILITY to BOTH baseball & cub scouts. I don't see how one over rides the other. Personally if he would rather go to baseball I would let him since they are both activities that he signed up for. If you do not go to games you are letting your team mates down.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Work before play...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Seeing he wants to go to the game, that is where he would be going. You do know that if he misses the game, it could cause the team to have to forfeit the game if there aren't enough players to play? That would be letting his teammates down. Sports are just as much work as Boy Scouts. Sports teach responsibility, respect, reliability, teamwork, respsonsibility and ethics. If he skips the game he lets down the whole team who have worked hard to practice and work as a TEAM, especially if they forfeit the game.. and that would be counted as a LOSS.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Also, in my opinion cub scouts is just as much play as baseball is....

they are both extra curriculars....they are both privledges. and tyfry has a VERY good point about not having enough players.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2010