Debt help!

I'm wondering if anyone has used Consumer Credit Counseling Services to help them manage/get out of debt? If you have please give share your experience! I want the good & the bad! I'm planning on calling them Monday!

kristie1029

Asked by kristie1029 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have never actually used this service but did a lot of research. You can do the same thing for yourself for much cheaper. Credit counseling services basically charge you a fee to pay your bills. They may help lower your credit card interest rates but that is something you can do on your own. Just call the credit card companies and let them know you are having a hard time making payments and is there anything you can do to lower the interest rate. I closed one account and went from 13.9% to 4.9% just because I closed it. So now I am making a larger payment to get it paid off. Start with the smallest bill first and pay as much extra as you can and then keep moving on to the next using the money you are saving to pay on the next.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anony up there, and if you would like a trial of a system that will help you keep on track in this process you may want to visit this page click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I have never used them personally, but I have worked for a company just like them. They essentially work for the credit card companies....the credit card companies are the ones that make the rules for credit counseling programs and in turn they pay the credit counseling agencies millions of dollars a year! Not only that but credit counseling is like a step below bankruptcy...it shows third party payer on your credit report, you pay 100% of what you owe back plus interest.

I don't know if you have looked into debt settlement but I own a debt settlement company and it really is one of the better ways to go. Your debt is negotiated to a reduced amount and you are free and clear of your debt in no more that 36 payments. I'm sure you have paid these banks back 10 fold what you owe just in interest alone! You can check out my website www.dynastyfinancialservices.com for more info or feel free to message me here!

Have a great day!
    DFSNIKKI

Answer by DFSNIKKI at 11:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2010