My daughter has a coach I dont get along with. I called him yesterday and asked him a question and didnt relize the answer was in a email, and then when I asked about pictures he got rude and told me he was busy and told me hed tell me today. I feel bad for my daughter but I dont like her coach help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Everybody has a supervisior, report him.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• You posted this in the preschoolers 3-4 age group. So whatever the issue is with the coach, get over it and quickly. She is still a baby so she really doesnt even have a real "coach" What type of sport is this anyways.

Your being dramatic.
    Anonymous

• Why are you getting worked up over a coach when your dd is 3 or 4 years old? I mean my kids played church bball and t ball at that age but it was over so quick and the coaches were just volunteers, usually dads, so what exactly is she playing that is so important to get upset about????
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Just pull her out and take her somewhere else. This sport cant be taken seriously by a child her age anyways. Stop wasting money put it toward something else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Do NOT pull her out. You will come across many coaches, teachers and others in life that you don't like and you cannot teach her that she can just quit because the coach or someone else was rude to YOU. Get over it like someone else said. A lot of time the coaches are VOLUNTEERS that have lives outside of the sport. My son has been playing baseball for 5 years and we have had some horrible coaches and some wonderful coaches, we have learned to deal with it. As long as she isn't being assulted or mistreated in a manner that can be a legal issue, let it go. Maybe you called him when he was in the middle of something, family time, work,etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I agree with tyfry. I'm going to guess your child's coach is a volunteer. He's likely got a job, a family and a list of activities on his daily to-do list. Perhaps you were catching him at a bad moment when he's already juggling multiple things. I know that personally, as a volunteer leader for a children's program, it can be aggravating to answer the same questions repeatedly after you've communicated the answer several times in various formats. When that call comes while I'm trying to get dinner on the table for my family or as I'm working or as I'm about to run out for another thing, I readily admit that it can be hard to be patient.

The other thing is this - children's programs run by volunteers STRUGGLE to find volunteers. If you're not happy with the one you've got, then step up and take a group yourself. Not every coach is good - but they are volunteers. if you think they're not right, then be prepared to step up.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2010