Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I get protected?

Why is it that when my Dh's children come over they are rude, make huge messes and act like I need to wait on them. The never clean up. I tolerate it because they are my stepkids. But sometimes they are really mean to me and DH does nothing. I cry in the shower or get upset after they leave. He says he knows they can be cruel and then just ignores it. He won't stand up for me and he won't put them in their place. It really hurts. BUT......if my sister comes over and she is let's say she is bad mouthing someone ( it could be a stranger) He gets all defensive and tells me how rude my sister is and she needs to learn manners. I feel like asking him why he does not correct his kids but always wants to correct my sister. His kids never live by the same rules and it pisses me off. They are all over 18. what gives? He can stick up for a stranger but not me?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • If they are all over 18 and they are in YOUR home, then you can ask them to leave... I assume they have homes of their own, so if they want to be rude to you they can go back to them. If your Hubby won't support you then he can go too... That's what I would do anyway.. I live by "you teach people how to treat you". In this case I'm afraid you're guilty of letting them get away with it. Sorry.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

  • In a way I would have to agree with MrsLeftlane. You are letting them get away with it, stick up for yourself hunny. BUT your Dh should correct them. I would tell them to leave if they cannot respect your household. If your Dh has something to say about it then tell him to go with. You should never be disrespected in your own home.

    Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

  • talk to him tell him & the kids where you stand.. its your house to set some rules simple yet realistic & if they disobey the rules they can leave the house.. tell your hubby you won't put up with it anymore & if he allows the behavior & won't back you up on the rules then separate from him until he gets his stuff together

    Answer by maiahlynn at 11:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

  • ask him

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.