I think i want another baby

so i found this doll my neice left at my house and dressed it up in my sons old baby clothes and let him play with it and i got to wanting a baby so so bad. is that wrong? my son will be 2 years old in august. I really really want another problem is i dont think my husband wants one right now. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol, we had to have that serious talk months ago. my husband is an only child and I have two sisters. When our son was growing near 9 months we did the math and knew that he would be 18 months if we conceived then. we liked that idea, because even though it would be difficult, they would get to grow up together. I am now less than 4 weeks away from my second son, and we're stopping after that. So, NO, it is not horrid that you want another one. Especially if your son is showing signs that he would enjoy playing with a baby. It's so much fun to see my son register baby things and know that very shortly he will be doing these things with me for his new brother. good luck! but it is a huge decision so make sure both you and daddy are on board!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• We got pregnant a month before my daughter turned one....so they are 20 months apart. I think it's great to have kids close in age...I know people complain about having more than one kid in diapers, but hey, get it over with now instead of having one get out of diapers, and then you get a new baby IN diapers lol...I mean, it's what you are comfortable with...it's not for everyone you know?
    Anonymous

• talk to him about it. maybe he will come around. and if not just wait. but i think about 2 or 3 years is a good age difference. all 3 of my siblings are about that far apart and we all got along pretty well but still had enough space between us to not be too much alike.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• We had our DD 25 months after my DS was born and I love it, they are close in age and hes young enough to enjoy her and not get jealous of her. He plays with her and "helps" her. And hes the only one that can make her really laugh hard. When you know you want another you just know. We feel complete now that we have both of them.
    samanthar140

Answer by samanthar140 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• My daughter is about to be 3 in a month and I am due with my second baby in August. It's PERFECT age since while I deal with the baby my daughter will be in preschool half a day. Now is a great time to have another!
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• My son is 18 months old and once i am done with my birth control my husband and i are planning on another baby........ im very excited...... good luck and follow ur heart... ofcourse considering ur husbands feelings too.
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I agree talk to your husband... I try, but my husband says no way, no how! We have 15 month old twins and as crazy as it sounds at some point I would like another. Not now, but at some point... I really don't see it happening, but I keep hoping he will come around. I don't think 2 years is a bad age. Actually, is there really a bad age for an age difference? What will be will be and if they get along great, if not, such is life. The biggest thing is you and DH being on the same page!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• --original poster--

yeah we talked about it before and he is just so busy with school and work he is trying to finish up some schooling first. we said once my son turned 3 years we could start trying but it could take forever... the thing is i am not on birth control and i also dont ovulate regular... i just cant wait like 2 years if not more to have another... i am worried something is wrong with my husbands sperm...the kid we have now is not his and he knows its not his biological son... i got prego with my son before my hubby and i got back together from being split for over a year or so. anyways i am worried.... and so baby hungry lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I think your husband has really sound reasons as to why it may not be best to have a baby right now. Having support makes a world of difference with a new baby, so I think it would be worth the wait. And apparently he does want one, just not while he's swamped with other commitments. I don't think the reason you gave is enough to cause fertility alarm at all. If you two had tried at some point for over a year, there may be an issue but otherwise you should be ok. I have irregular periods and got pregnant after ONE TRY with my second. Baby fever is hard to combat but you could always start planning a nursery or toddler room and channel it into something positive!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• defiantly talk to your husband about another child. my son is almost two and loves babies. He has a doll he cares for and he is really gentle with other babies too. which is a big deal because he is so active and rambuctious that the only time he sits still or is careful is with or around a baby. i feel he would benefit from a little sibling and i desperately want another child so bad but im single and cannot afford another baby either. this makes me sad knowing that at least for the next few years no more babies for me. so if it is possible please do it or you will reget it!
    Jnc91

Answer by Jnc91 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2010