Taking a bath after c-section

How long did you wait after your c-section to take a bath??

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should only take showers until the doctor says it's ok. I think I was allowed to take a bath at about 4 weeks after my c-sections when the incision had healed completely.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 10:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• like two or three weeks
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• the first answer is also correct. the doc told me I should be ok if I wanted to try, but that if it was too painful to stop. I was ok a couple of weeks out to lay down like that though
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I took one the week I came home. I spent four days in the hospital, came home and took a bath! That was 26 years ago though. But hey, I am still here!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i took my 1st shower 3 days after i had my c-section,i was at tve hospital and witv the help from my nurses and my hubby..i got thro it..even tho i was crying...but i healed really fast with in tve first week i was up moving around all by myself..by week 2 they took out my stitches and i was walking and doing everything like i was b4
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2010