how should I react?

a few months ago I asked mysister if shed like to move in with me and my family (husband and two kids) she was all for it because she was having issues w her boyfriend. I get super excited so I start looking for places. long story short she has said yes to moving about 4-6 times and after I had waisted my time and gas she has said never mind each time. I would ask her are you sure your not going to change your mind n she has promised she wouldnt. well just this month she has told me to start looking again and I did, shes super picky and I have found the perfect place she wanted. after I tell her I found a home she is now saying no again and i am pist. should I cut all ties with her which is what my husband wants but shes my twin and im not sure what to do??? I feel like because of her we missed out on a few great places and now this home I found is gorgeous yet shed rather buy a new car so she says she wont have enough $ rent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• The way she keeps changin her mind...I don't think it would be smart for you...she'd probably keep leaving to go be with her boyfriend, and not paying her rent. I understand she's family, and she's your twin, so thats even stronger...BUT...you have to think about your family and whats best for you and your kids....and I think you should just go find a place for you...maybe if you want, get one with an extra bedroom, so if she has problems with her bf, she can spend a night with you or something...but i sure wouldn't let her live with me...good luck
    Anonymous

• dont cut ties, but dont count on her moving in either. she would have done it by now. just get whatever place works for your family and if it doesnt work for her too then oh well.
    Anonymous

• move where its good for you to move tell her your not waiting for her approval.. don't cut ties with her she your sister & a twin.. she should be paying rent if she lives with you. no rent no home make her be responsible.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Don't cut ties, but tell her you are done offering and that when she wants to move in again that the door is no longer open.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Cutting ties is ridiculous. Just get a place with out her. She obviously isn't going to follow through.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Take care of your own family and don't depend on her. She's showing she's not into the idea as much as you are.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Do not cut ties, that isn't going to solve anything... Just give up on the idea that she is too wishy washy to commit to a housing arrangement with you. Just understand that and move on with your relationship..and down the line if she brings it up, tell her you love her but it wouldn't work out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Why would you get a house that was dependent on your sister living there with you when that would clearly only be a temporary situation? That's not very wise financially.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I agree with the above post why get a house that needs her approval. Just let her move in where you are and pay rent, if it is not big enough then tell her that you cannot do it. It would suck to move into a more expensive place and then she doesn't have the rent money then you are on the street. If your hubby says to cut ties with her then he probably doesn't want her to live with you. how does he feel about moving to a new place?
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 8:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2010