Do you shop at Goodwill?

I did today. I am switching to skirts/dresses and bought a nice skirt for $4.99, a sweater for $6.99, and a new pair of slip on nice-ish shoes for 14.99. ALL of it higher end stuff. I also got my daughter a ton of new clothes! I have been not going out places because my clothes look horrible and I just have jeans. I am so excited I have one nice outfit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Shopping

• We recently got a Goodwill store nearby and we LOVE it!!!!! There are plans to build a store in my town, so we'll be shopping the Goodwill even more! We love to help others out, and this is just one way. We also donate alot of clothes our son has outgrown so it's a win-win situation!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I go to goodwill on half off days.
    Sometimes I find good stuff other times they have garbage
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 11:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I do but mostly for books.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• all the time! i love taking my kids to salvation army. i tell them to load the cart, they can have anything they want! books are $0.10 ea. and stuffed animals are a nickle. i can spent the whole afternoon digging for treasure because the kids are having a blast. i love thrift stores!

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 11:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• good will, salvation army, womens shelter stores, they go to a good cause and i get good stuff at a bargain.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I was just there. Got my son his birthday present. I was so excited to see it there. I buy just about everything I can at Goodwill and Dollar tree.
    Anonymous

• Only on 50% off days, otherwise they sell used stuff for waaay too expensive...the stuff is freakin used!! I can buy new clothes at Ross for the used clothes price at Goodwill!
    Craziirabbit

Answer by Craziirabbit at 6:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Goodwill is a virtual playground of old accessories and jewelry you can remake. I love it!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 7:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Yep!! Hubs and I like looking at Goodwill, Salvation Army , Savers and thrift stores. You never know what 'treasures' you will find. I mostly look at the odds n ends, kids clothes and books. When I do my spring/fall cleaning, organizing and weeding out I put all of the things we don't need, use or have out grown in bags and donate them to our local Goodwill.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Yeah I agree with a lot of the other ladies, only on their half off days.....Good Will is hte most expensive of thrift stores, at least in my area....and the prices you listed of what you bought are indeed quite high for a thrift store. In Salvation Army or Amvets the same things would have been half of what you paid (or even more) on their regular full price days.

I do a lot of shopping at thrift stores, and myself and MANY ebay clothing sellers get their inventory from them. I've purchased gymboree outfits for my daughter and to sell for as little as 79 cents. I buy Ralph Lauren shirts, dresses and baby outfits for 79 cents to $4 for us or to re-sell. Once paid $3 for a RL tank dress and sold it for about $50!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2010