Anybody have a MAC?

If so, is it worth the extra cost from a regular laptop? And are there any major differences that I'd need to know?

LadyEb

Asked by LadyEb at 11:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Shopping

• I love mine! It's excellent for photos, videos and music which is what we use our computer for the most.

Once you go mac, you never go back! ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I have a Mac and love it, but as far as a laptop goes, I don't think it is worth the extra cost. The software is expensive for Macs, you cannot use certain types of software and it is very hard to find someone to repair it if something goes wrong. Even if you have someone local, repairs are expensive too.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I love my mac but it takes a while to figure out what your doing if all you have ever dealt with was a pc. I don't have a laptop though I have the osx (desk top). I also agree with the PP on repairs and software.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 11:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I have owned macs for 10 years. The software that most people get and use is the same price as the pc software. There is less junk software though and that is what makes it seem the software for mac is more expensive. But MS office for example is the same price for a mac as it is on a PC. On to repairs, get the warranty and you won't need to pay for repairs for three years. I'd get a warranty for either a pc or a mac btw. I have had mac laptops and love them but I am settled back on desktops. I obviously think its worth the price difference to own a mac over a pc. Less issues, less viruses, in fact I don't even have a virus protection program on my computer. There are differences in mac and pc, I think a Mac is easier to use. More user friendly. When you have a digital camera, it is literally plug and play. Mail me if you have anymore questions. I'd do some more research and get a how to use a mac book.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My husband has a mac book pro and he loves it dearly. Me personally I don't care but he definitely believes macs are worth it. So much more user friendly and you gotta love not worrying about getting a virus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I Love my Mac computers, I have laptops, Desktops, Iphone. I love em' I used to use PC up until it crashed causing my to lose 3 years worth of pics of my kids that I had stored on it. I say 'yes' it's worth the extra $$!
    Me2dznb

Answer by Me2dznb at 2:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Thanks for all your answers! I decided to go for it and I got the MacBook Pro last week and I LOVE it! Thanks again!
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:09 AM on May. 9, 2010