my son always stands super close to the tv....

ive always heard it is bad for you but what will it do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its actually a myth. they just seem to get excited and want to be close to the action
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• its not really bad for your eyes it is more of an old wives tale that they told children so that the parents would be able to see the television without having to look past their child. It is fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My son is 16 months old and does this too. I asked the doctor and she said that it is not going to harm his eye site.
    BrettMommy08

Answer by BrettMommy08 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• won't harm them, I think in toddlers it is like when they stand next to a friend and have no concept of personal space They Love Thomas the Tank - LLOOOOOVE him and just want to get as close as possible, My daughter used to kiss Barney
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• you might get his eyes checked though. maybe he is having trouble seeing. especialy if you notice him doing it to other things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• YEa i agree with anon get his eyes checked. I discovered my son at the age of 12 could'nt see far so he now officially wears glasses.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2010