Does your husband ever do this?

My husband thinks its funny to disrespect me by calling me "Bitch" around his friend. Like tonight we went out to eat and he stole the car keys out of my pocket. It's my car i make the payments i said give me my keys please and he teased me well i ripped them out of his hand and told him to get in. Mean while his friend was laughing... he;s like god why do you have to be such a BITCH!!! it really irriates me because i pay 350 for it a month and i work weekends. he has a 3 day weekend, I work all the time and go to school.... I worked all day today while he played around at home. my job is stressful and it doesnt help when he calls me things like that.. I just makes me wanna cry! :(

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 12:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• no, he doesn't and it isn't funny. I bet when you call him on it he says it's just a joke right? A joke is when both people think something is funny, this is just mean and nasty. Even if mine did and I was okay with it, doesn't mean yours can -if it hurts you.
    I don't know what to suggest, apart from telling him to not speak to you like that.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Well when his friend got out i was like that was uncalled for. i dont deserve that kinda of talk from you.,
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• That's crappy. Does he do it regularly or was he just showing off tonight and went too far? I understand you'd be hurt, is he young? Sometimes it takes guys a few years to realise that their WIFE is not one of the guys. Took mine a decade before he understood that I don't find jokey blokey talk hilarious.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Yeah I know what you mean (((HUGS)) My ex was always treating me like a child and saying stuff that embarrased me and after a while I tuned him out it works!!! Hope you feel better!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i'm 19 and he is almost 23. YEah he calls me it when he is pist off.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Name calling is ugly and immature. If everything else about him is wonderful, ignore his comments while he is pissed off when he isn't then reiterate that you don't like when he calls you names. You lead by example, don't call names back, don't swear. He will probably up the anti at first but if you remain calm and respectful in an argument he will start to see that he is making a fool of himself and isn't controlling his anger like you are. It's hard but it can be done. We used to
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• have screaming fights and then I got hold of myself. It freaked DH out when I didn't screm back. Now we have disagreements not fights, and it is calm and on topic. You can show him how to treat you
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• my husband does when hes drunk he thinks its funny to see me get mad and go off. then he dont get why im still pissed in the morning. it is really irratating but i just deal with it. gotta pick your battles, now if he did it in public or infront of ppl id be saying alot more but he just does it at home.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 12:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• NO MAN SHOULD EVER DISRESPECT ANY WOMAN LIKE THAT ! HES AN ASS... MY HUBBY TRIED THAT ONCE AND I KICKED HIM OUT ! AND THE NXT DAY HE WAS AT THE DORR APOLOGIZING AND NEVER DID IT AGAIN!
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 12:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• you need to get up close to him and be very serious and even if it is in front of his friend and tell him point blank
    "There is no way in hell you are to call your wife that ever again! I am your wife and you need to respect that and by you calling me a bitch is not cool, now grow the fuck up"!!

you need to get mad as hell and put him in his place or he will never grow up
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2010