Do you like the taste of red wine?

If you do, what kind do you like? I have recently been trying different types, and so far, I haven't found one that I like. Is it an acquired taste?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love red wine. I feel that it is an acquired taste. There are different types of wine (as you know). You can get a sweet wine, dry wine, sweet and dry, there are all types. I have learned that some wines only taste good with what you are eating. Some wines go good with pasta, others with meats, and so on. I love merlot wines (it is a red wine). This type of red wine is very dry and very good to just sit back after a long day of stress and sip it. I dont know if you have tried it but you can try White Zinfandel. That is a sweet white wine. I love that one too.
    BrettMommy08

Answer by BrettMommy08 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Rosa Regale is my favorite red wine. It is a good starter red wine because it is sweet and sparkling. I don't think you'll be dissappointed! I now like SOME and not others. But I think to say you don't like red wine is like saying you don't like soda, or beer. There are just too many types to classify them together. :) People try a couple and think they all taste the same but they are so very different.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I started off with Pinot Noir-- it has a lighter flavor that was a nice introduction. Then I moved onto Cabernets, which are richer in taste. Now I really like Zinfandels, which are bold reds with a heavier flavor and feel. It is an acquired taste, and some never like it. You do need to pair it well. I was first introduced to red wine when tasting chocolate- I had no idea that the two went so well together!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I don't like it at all - I have tried to, but just don't. I also get VERY sick if I drink it even a small amount so I figure it's just not for me - Yes I'm told it's an acquired taste, but so are broad beans and I'm not going there either :-)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i HATE red wine. yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. white wine is yummy, & blush - mixed with gingerale.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• NO...hubby loves it though...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i like to post familie red wine. it is local and decently priced. i miss it now that im pregnant
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I LOVE red wine. I am not a fan of sweets (especially when it comes to alcohol) so I prefer Cabernet Sauvingon the best. To me, it is the smoothest dry wine.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I recommend spending a little more and trying a Clos Du Bois bottle of Cabernet.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2010