Could my 2 year old be lactose intolerant?

I had to take him off of formula all together when he was only 4 1/2 months old because he would puke it ALL back up. He is now 2 years old and still spits up sometimes when he drinks milk. The other day we went out to eat and he had enchilladas. That night he puked his gutts up and the next day he was completely fine. I'm thinking maybe the cheese had something to do with that since it is dairy ?? My 1 year old daughter and my 6 year old son had the same thing and they were completly fine. My whole family ate with us and all of us were fine. Anyone have children who are LI that might be able to give me some insight? Thanks for taking the time to respond.

MomOf3JBMs

Asked by MomOf3JBMs at 2:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• VERY WELL LIKELY!!! Try giving him Lactaid milk and see if that makes him spit up. Tastes the same as milk without the lactose. You can also buy lactose free cheeses (dont taste great and have funky texture) Avoid dairy products for a week or so and see how he does then:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2008

• Yes my son is 3 and he is. He can have cereal, but not alot or he will do number 2 everywhere. He can't have it straight. For example milk, cheese, or bread. Maybe one day he will grow out of it. It is nothing bad. Just make sure that you let everyone know so that they can help you keep it under control.
    MoniqueM

Answer by MoniqueM at 7:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2008

• My son gets incredibly constipated when he has milk products. We switched to soy milk, and soy products. He was breastfed, so I have no idea about formula.

They can get enough protein and vitamin D without cows milk. Just let them play outside a little (vitamin D) and watch the protein in their diet.
    Laura_Lee

Answer by Laura_Lee at 9:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2008