laundry

do you watch most of you laundry in hot or cold water? What gets stains out better hot or cold i always thought cold but i saw somewhere cold did.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 6:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I wash all my cloth in cold water. To save money. For stains, I spray them with stain spray. Or I just put some liquid laundry soup on them.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i still wash my lights in warm water, but i have heard cold is fine. i have some kids that get clothes pretty dirty, i use pre treatment and oxy clean.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I wash everything in cold water. The only time I have ever used hot is when we were washing diapers.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I use to use hot, but now I only use cold. Hot water sets in a stain
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I wash everything in cold, except towels and bedding I wash in hot water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• The only things I wash in hot water are socks, underwear, & my hubby's stinky shirts. Everything else in cold water. To get stains out I spray with Shout!
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• actually the temp of water doesnt matter as to how clean you get something, its the soap and length of the cycles that kills the bacteria. BUT lol I use hot for underwear, sheets....everything else is cold . and btw, purex powder bleach alternative, that you add to your wash with the soap? super cheap and kicks the crap out of stains, I dont have to use pretreat anymore since buying it :).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Hot water can set in some stains. I don't use hot or cold, unless I'm washing puke-sheets or something, then I might use hot but it's easier to dump in some sanitizer/disinfectant (laundry safe of course). I use warm, which in my washer is not very warm at all, and occasionally cold if I'm washing certain things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I wash everything in cold water except the things that can breed bacteria, like dish towels, bath towels & underclothes, all of which I will wash in hot water to kill the bacteria. For stains, I pre-treat them with a bit of laundry soap right away to keep them from setting in, then wash as usual.
    Anonymous

• I use all cold because our water heater runs on propane and its so freakin expensive !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2010