how to get to know your SO again?

I feel like my husband is no longer interested in me, its a long story but i want to find ways for us to get to know each other again and hopefully he will start being interested in me and want to know me.
we tried date night and he was so uninterested in talking about anything but work. i got a list of questions online that said things you should talk about on a date night and he ended all the questions with 2-3 words.. I am gonna try one more time to start some kind of conversation, but i am at a loss of what to do any suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to get two books (both are available on Amazon.com): 1) "The Secrets of Happily Married Women" and 2) "How to Improve Your Marriage without Talking About it"

When we women feel this way about our marriages, it's usually just us that feels this way. The man is usually content with things and unaware how disconnected his wife is truly feeling. Those 2 books will help you better understand your man and you will start to recognize how much he loves you and how he is far more plugged into your marriage than you have thought. Those books will also show you how to better communicate with your man. Men and women's brains are wired differently and so we communicate differently and a lot of time totally misunderstand one another.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• you can play a game called "would you rather". Basically its scenerios:example, would you rather have a conversation about aliens for an hour, or a conversation about books with someone at a party? questions that you can then say"why is that" after he answers. if he still keeps it short you need to confront things head on mama. all the "games" and things int he world cant force him to be into a marriage he really isnt. good luck tho.... best wishes.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i am going to buy this book now and see what happens and let you all know what happens..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Why don't you listen to what he is talking about with his work and show interest? When I want to connect with my hubby, I try to get into what he is doing or talking about. I learn a ton about him when he is talking about things I normally would show no interest in. Occasionally I will throw in a question especially if we see something about someone else's relationship and I say, what would you do if that was you. But I keep that occasional because otherwise he will start to tune the questions out. Men do not like to talk about their relationship in general. He is probably happy to be content. I would ask yourself what it is you need that prompted you to explore the questions in the first place instead of having a great night out. Do you have interests outside of him? By having a life outside of him, he may become interested in the stuff you doing without him.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2010