What makes some of you......

Think that voting against ss marriage will make the lifestyle go away? Your Bible does not approve of sex before marriage, yet you are forcing them to live in yet another sin by depriving them the right to marry and give legal status to their children, how is this right? Some of you say you are against it because the Bible says it is a sin, but isn't also a sin to live with someone without marriage? So in other words you prefer someone to sin twice than once?

Asked by older at 8:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I see it this way: God gives us all the free will and the choice whether or not to follow Him and His commandments/laws. So, even IF you believe homosexuality to be wrong (general you, not calling anyone out), shouldn't you follow in His footsteps and allow others the same choice He gives them? Sure, you may believe its wrong, that He doesn't approve, but its no your place to step in and take their choice or free will away. If its wrong they'll face the consequences of their actions, and its between them and God. He allows us the choice, and I don't think He wants for anyone to try to take that choice away, regardless of whether or not someone is choosing to do "wrong".

No, I don't believe homosexuality to be a sin, but even if it IS, people should focus on their own lives and relationships and let other people be.

If people put so much energy into their own marriages, instead of worrying about OTHER people's relationships..
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• you are never going to get the answers tot hese questions you want dear lol. not here.they will say that its a choice to live in sin as well...so choose neither. makes no sense to me but thats the answer you would get if more moms were up right now.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• bear, judging from some of the comments here I get the impression they think that because they can make their lifes a hell here on earth they will not continue to be who they are.

Answer by older at 8:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Or some of them think that as long as they do their best to raise their objection it doesn't matter what those other people do - they won't be held accountable because "they told them so", and those other people - the homosexuals, for example - can go to hell without any negative repercussions for the Christians who so adamantly stand against them....

That's just another way some Christians look at it....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Older, I homosexuality not is a sin :) Nor is it wrong to live with someone, without being married, and enjoy a healthy sexual relationship with that person - regardless of gender. If people have nothing better to do than wonder what other people do in their sex lives and in the privacy of their own home - they have some serious pervish problems. So to answer your question, neither one is a sin. It is sinful to be spiteful, judgemental, hateful, and promote harm to others.  I live for being fair to all.  Here is what is fair: if homosexuality doesn't appeal to you then don't engage in a homosexual relationship.  But chances are you do have a relationship with someone who is gay and you just don't know it.  For example, your doctor.  I know many doctors who have thousands of patients, those patients often speak ill of gay people (I have heard them first hand), and don't even realize it is

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• a gay man who is assisting them be well. Don't like gay? Don't send your kids to school because in every school there is a gay person teaching or leading. It doesn't matter if you send them to a strict private school. Don't send them to the Emergency room if they are dying. Someone gay might actually save their life. Don't even call for an ambulance. Don't do those things without first calling ahead, doing an extensive interview, and then seeing if you feel like there are no gay vibes there. Considering if someone stops breathing they only have about four minutes....might not work out so well you being anti gay and all. Gay is now, gay is always going to be here, and gay is part of all those people you interact with each day. Don't like it? I fully support your protest to not have any homosexual teach, treat, or sell you anything you need.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Do people remember it's also a sin to get any kind or marking on their bodies, yet just about everyone has a tatoo.Should we ban them from going to church, are they not worthy? I was just thinking about it.Things have changed and I do wonder some days what god really thinks about everything & does these things really pose such a danger?Or stop people from getting into heaven, I really truley don't think so.Live and let live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• here we go...round and round. same ol stuff never ends
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• frog, you are so right!

Answer by older at 10:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• anon 10:29, neither does your incesant complaining.

Answer by older at 11:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2010