for those that get free internet? How do you get it free?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have WIFI option on my phone.I turn it on and it searches for other WIFI..its NOT stealing.STEALING is something that GOES missing...lol
    Anonymous

• the only way i knpw of to get it free is to do free trials, and then when the trial is up switch to any=other free trial. you can try googling it to see what comes up but I dont think there is a way to get it for free on an ongoing basis.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Piggy back on some idiots unprotected wireless connection. YOU would be surprised how many stupid people don't put a password on there network.

Free wi-fi if you have a lap-top Library parking lot does fine

borrow friends/family members computer

Library

If you are in school and have internet classes it make you internet tax deductible so eventually free-ish

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I don't know anyone who gets it free - legally.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

Very true. I went to set up my phone WiFi and so many people just have opened network.MINE i locked and I can also see what the other person in my home is doing lol.
    When I go out of my house my phone searches for WIFI all over.So im always connected :) I also understand NOW how people say they get it for free.many places offer free internet.Some apartments,hotels and local housing offices offer free internet.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I've been looking into getting free internet. The best thing I have found is attaching a biquad antenna to an old satellite dish. You can find biquad antennas on ebay for less than $25. I have been in contact with an ebay seller (he has a 100% rating) about how to do it and we just ordered everything we need. For the desk top we needed a wireless adapter. For a cable, router, biquad antenna, and adapter we paid less than$100.
    The antenna picks up free WIFI from places like McDonalds and Starbucks. McDonalds went free in Jan of this year so you no longer have to pay to get WIFI there.
    If you are closer than 1 mile from a place that offers free WIFI, you can get a Cantenna.
    Do some research - I found a lot of videos online on how to do it and I also checked out some books from the library.
    Contact me privately - our biquad antenna should be here this week - I'll let you know how it goes.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• BTW - there is nothing illegal about getting free internet. When you pay a provider, you are paying them to direct the radio waves into your home. The radio waves in the atmosphere all you need to do is direct them to your computer.
    If you use a Linksys wireless router, you will be able to passowrd protect your system.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• well we paid for my father in law to get a modem for his computer .....he lives next door so we get free wireless but we did pay for his modem ....that was our little deal!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Lets say a neighbor got wireless internet, and didn't secure their network with a password. With an unseucure nextwork you can use there internet if you have a wireless signal in a desk top computer, or most lap-tops have them built in already. I'll admit we've done this "stole internet" a few times when money was tight and we couldn't afford it. Besides this there is no legal way to get free internet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I pay for mine now, but i used to live across the street from the library and I used their signal. Not really stealing because If i had walked over there it still would have been free
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2010