Some college or no college?

I did 3 years in college from 2001-2004, didn't graduate and since then, nothing. At the beginning of my 4th year, I had my 2nd child with every intention of going right back after he was born. But I didn't because I loved being home with him so much. Also I had a 6 yr old that I had when I was in high school and felt like I missed most of her babyhood by staying in school so much. Since then I haven't returned to school because I owed sallie mae AND the university I attended. So I've been a waitress ever since.
Now I am marrying this great guy who has just finished school and our plan was that he finishes, find a job, then I go back and finish. In the mean time I'm looking for a better job. Should I still put the ''some college'' on my resume? I mean, it's been 6 years since I've stepped foot into a college. Would it look like I'm a quitter to potential employers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Some college always looks better than none on a resume. It means you have a higher degree of education than someone who only finished high school. It also means you have skills they don't.

Also, anons 12.39 and 12.57 are wrong. It does NOT send employers the wrong message. A lot of people both attend school and work. It shows them that you are a go getter and willing to work hard. It also shows you have goals and can achieve them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• IMO, I think it looks good, the more education that you've had, the more likely you are to go back. I would listen to your story if I was interviewing you and give you props for planning to return to school. Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• College Education makes a great resume.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Its better to put that you did attend college than you didn't. If the potential employer asks, just say you plan on returning
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Unfortunately if you say you are planning on returning to school one day that would mean you will quit your job.

Anonymous

• I wouldn't put it on there, I think it will send the wrong message to employers and college really only counts if you finish it.
    Anonymous

• Put some college on there always! Also, you can go and get a professional license like an insurance or real estate license to help you get a better job as it is only a matter of passing test.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Always include any college education on a resume.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 4:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• It depends on the employer and the job.
    Anonymous

• I would put down your expected graduation date...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2010