TICKS!!!!

Any ideas on how to keep my yard and children either tick free or with a lot less ticks? I hate them and they seem to love my dd, I don't want to spray her with chemicals if I can avoid it....any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Health

• I hate ticks too! But I have to say I was out with 3 of my kids yesturday in the yard doing yard work & didn't come across any yet!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• we have already pulled 2 off dd and 1 off the dog!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Try a beeswax lotion bar. I know they keep mosquitoes away. We don't have ticks where I live.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• You can try 7 dust in the yard but you will have to keep the kids inside for a day or two. I don't know of another way. We use the Off family care spray on the kids because it has less chemicals and it's what their doc recomended.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 10:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Get chickens. They eat the ticks and then lay eggs. Eggs are better than ticks.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I love that, "Eggs are better than ticks!" That's actually a great idea if you can have chickens.

We became infested with ticks in our home and yard after laying sod that was full of them. We inspected both dogs from head to toe every time they went out. We were pulling more than 20 off at a time. We also got on our hands and knees and cleaned every inch of the floor around the baseboards. Apparently that's where they like to lay eggs. We found a couple of "nests." and got rid of them. We sprinkled Borax on the carpet and mopped the tile with it to kill any eggs. We also had the yard professionally treated several times. It took about a month to get rid of them completely.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 1:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• go to a garden supply store and but some crystals for your yard. you just spread them around over it and its pretty safe. i think you just water your yard after you use them and they soak in. or get chickens!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I would love to get chickens but we can't have them where I live!! I guess I will try the other suggestions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2010