Lilac tree dilema!

I have a nice lilac tree that is about 4 feet tall that needs to be moved right away. It is just starting to get some green on it. Could I safely dig it up and even perhaps put it in a big pot and keep inside the house until mid-April May and then transplant it?
We live in Mid-Western Ontario. Thanks inadvance for any advise!

delish26

Asked by delish26 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• ugh this is the worst time of yr to mess with it,a s this is the season for them, but of you are careful it could work. be sure the bucket is very big,t he soil in it perfect for your plant, be careful not to cause too mych trama to the roots...just be so careful...I know that one time my mil had the plant stone crop in a reg old household bucket in her yard for 4 straig yrs,(never had time to plannt it) and each yr it was fine, but lilacs are fussy.just do all the best things for that particular variety and hope for the best. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2010