When you were in delivery, how many people were in the hospital room?

(docters and nurses)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I ended up having a c-section, so just my husband, two doctors and two nurses and an anesthesiologist to be there just in case.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• For #1 there were me, hubby, midwife, mom-in-law, and a nurse.

For #2 there were me, hubby, midwife, mom, mom-in-law, step-mom-in-law and a nurse. I also had my kids in a hospital where you deliver and post-partum in the same room the entire time, no moving of mom or baby (unless C-section, obviously). 

I wanted my MIL to be present (I realize this is not common), we have an awesome relationship AND she's a labor and delivery nurse :) I really didn't care about the presence of my own mom, or step-mom-in-law -- once you've done it one time, the second time is less scary and intimidating, at least in my experience.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• for one I had her in a birth Center so it was DH, Midwife and her assistant. Loved that.

With my second. Way to many people. Hubby, sister, Doula, Dr, 2 nurses, and 2 for NICU. I hope never again that many people.

This time around having a home birth. So hubby, sister, Doula and midwife.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• There where 2 nurses and the doc. plus my hubby and mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• 2 nurse 1 doc
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Well besides my DH and my OB there were a few nurses and a whole bunch of med students but trust me I barely even noticed any of them while I was delivering my DS.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• #1 - midwife, student midwife, 2 or 3 nurses (I was too out of it to remember)
    #2 - midwife, 2 nurses, midwife's daughter (medical student, there with our permission, same age as me), DH
    #3 - midwife, 2 or 3 nurses, DH
    #4 - midwife, 2 nurses, student nurse & her person she was preceptoring with, DH
    #5 - midwife, 2 nurses, DH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• with ds, mil, mom, doctor, two nurses and four doctors and nurses from the nicu, i think that was it. there was a ton of people there. it was horrible.
    with this new baby it will be just hubby me and the doctor.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 11:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• 2 doctors, a resident, nurses and the anesteseologist (however you spell that one,LOL!!)

I had to have an emergency c-section because baby was in distress so no one but medical personnel were allowed and only necessary personnel were allowed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• #1 hubby mom aunt her boyfriend my cousin doctor and 2 nurses
    #2 hubby mom mom in law midwife her mom and 2 nurses
    #3 who know im due on 2 weeks but is fine with me having people there
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 11, 2010