At what age did your toddler start drinking out of a regular cup?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it was around a year old or so.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Both of them, around 1 yr. Small plastic cups, made for small hands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• They knew how to by a year old. My 3 oldest were using a cup for mealtimes by age 2, sippies, the rest of the time, but my youngest pretty much gave up the sippy full-time when he was around 18 months (sippies were used at night in bed if he needed a drink or was sick, and when we went away/outside). He just turned 3 and hasn't used a sippy for a long time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Mine both started at 1
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 11:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My son did sippy cups by 11 months and he just started to drink our of a regular cup this month and he is 22 months.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• my son was around 18 months and my dd was around 11 months. we gave DS sippy cups first and it was hard to break him of those. DD was given cups from the start and had no problems. If we go on a car trip they get pop up top water bottles.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• we started trying at 1 year. he is 21 months now and uses a regular cup for at home and a sippy for going out.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My dd is 2.5. She uses sippy cups most of the time. We have tried giving her a regular cup. She just makes messes. She either spills, sticks food or her hand in it or pours it in her plate. What can we do to get her to stop this and use regular cups?
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 4:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• We started trying to teach dd at a year but she kept putting her fingers in it and spilling them. Around 18 mos she started getting the hang of it and now at 2 she gets them for meals or whenever she wants it. But she stil gets a sippy for during the day and at night time. The more you offer the quicker they learn!!! I didn't give dd the choice a lot but she figured it out.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My daughter is 21 months old, and she is starting to get the hang of drinking out of a regular cup. But for the most part, she is still using sippy cups. There's no hurry.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2010