What do I make of this email!?!?

So I am dating a guy, not exclusively, and last night I got this email from him. I am wondering how to respond to it. For some background in my last email to him I kidded about the dating "rules" and how I wanted to know who the governing body of the rules were....

Then he said "Let me know where I can get a copy of this dating rule book. From where I sit it is all a bit confusing."

Then he went on to talk about my golf lesson... does that strike anyone else as weird? He did not elaborate on his confusion..

Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• It sounds like he isn't quite sure where you guys stand . Maybe it is something you two should sit down and decide.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Why don't you email him back and have him explain more about what he is talking about. It sounds to me that it's just a quick email to you from him answering the questions you had mentioned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• He sounds like a guy that doesn't know a whole lot about dating-like most guys.,
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 11:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• He sounds like a simple guy who doesn't think there is a need for rules.
    That a relationship needs to grow before any expectations.

Answer by older at 11:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• It sounds like he was joking to me. Ask him, I'm sure he'll explain
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 11:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• IMO he's just agreeing with you. The rules are confusing because everyone's can be different, sort of like you saying who comes up with the rules. It could have been his attempt at a joke too, letting him read a book that doesn't really exist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Guys don't know there are rules to dating. They just do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• yes, guys know of no rules. They just do things & really hope you like them. One women wants one thing & another women wants something completely different. It is all very confusing to men.

It does sound like he was just playing on your sarcasm & trying to joke. Dating can be very confusing sometimes. We see certain signals, but we don't always know what to do witht hem. It can go for both men & women. We're all so different too, the dating game can be frustrating.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• agree w/older
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Why don't you ask him?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2010