IUD

Has anyone had or have an IUD? Do/did you like it? Disklike it? Pros and cons? I looked it up and it seems to be a good choice, but wanted to get "reviews" from people that have actually used them. Which kind did you have? Did it lessen your period? Thanks!

MeandMyBabes

Asked by MeandMyBabes at 11:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• i just got the nuvoring. i have only had it for about 2 weeks though lol. it didnt hurt to put in or anything but i cramped for the first few days (i put it in while on my cycle-apparently the nurse who told me to do that was wrong!) lol. it supposed to stop you from ovulating which i like since i get cysts on my ovaries every month. good luck in your decision :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I have a MIERNA Iud. I had it inserted right after my 6w post partum checkup.
    I love it. Theres no worry about missed pills- lack of condoms ect. My husband & I are not ready for another baby- so this is a pretty sure way to keep it from happening without the worry! :)

Some people might see the lack of periods of con- Im happy with it. When I do bleed I spot for 1 or 2 days.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i have a mierna iud. i got in put in at my 6 week check up. i love it dont have to worry about taking the pill every day. i dont have a period , i spot once every 3 months.
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 11:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Nuvaring is not an iud and should not hurt when you insert it. The nuvaring goes inside the vagina not the uterus. That being said I have the Paragard (non hormonal 10 year IUD) and LOVE IT. The paragard does not stop your periods and actually makes them a little heavier for some women. i went from 4-5 days of medium flow to 2-3 days of heavy flow on the IUD.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I LOVE my mirena! No worries! And my periods are SO MUCH lighter!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i had mirena for 2 long miserable years. it caused cysts and random bleeding the entire time. every time i told my doc she was just like oh thats normal. i ended up having to go to the health department to have it removed becuase she wouldnt. i didnt get pregnant while on it though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i have mirena, i like not having to worry ab bc but it causes funky effects. like it makes some ppl feel like they are pregnant. i have weird kicking sensations in my abdomen and so have many other women, i googled it lol. my period would go away forr a few months and then i would have light bleeding for a week, and not see it again for a few months. i have these weird clots that pass and im not sure what that is but i never had it before the iud. i cant feel it, it didnt hurt, but the side effects are different for everyone!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i had the mirena, i loved it until about the 3rd year and then i had nothing but problems from sex being painful to my partner being able to feel it and it "scraping" him ouchie lol i would never get it gain
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 3:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2010