What can I get my DH for our 30th Wedding Anniversary Gift?

Any ideas? I have to plan ahead. I've been very unwell. Starting Chemo. on 4/12/10. Felt so unwell this entire year. Knowing the worst is yet to come! I don't have much savings left, time or energy. But I want to have something for him. Either way. I need some good thoughts, wishes and Great ideas! Thank you for any advice and just for answering me!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A gift from the heart. A poem.

(((hugs)))
    Anonymous

• well I don't know where you are financially, but there are many affordable (relatively) vacations out there. you can rent a house in many places to save costs and often a bed and breakfast is not further than a small drive. if you really want to avoid spending, you could write him a letter or series of letters. let him know how you feel. for our first anniversary, I took all my cafemom posts/journals about him from the past year and had them bound. it meant a lot to him knowing I had thought so highly of him and its a great keepsake. if you don't have a lot of posts (or something comperable) about him, you could always get a journal for him and then start writing in it now, then tell him you'll continue to do so. even little things like "it means so much that you took my plate to the kitchen when I wanted to rest" shows love and appreciation. it doesn't have to be a huge letter, just little notes and memories.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• We went to Vegas for our 25th. Our 30th came and went without much fanfare because his mom had just died. We just weren't in the mood to celebrate anything. After 30 years, you are able to absorb things like that and not be mad because your aniversary wasn't a big deal. We have celebrated the other 29.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010