Does the Bible speak of lukewarm Christians? (neither hot nor cold)

Revelation 3:15 15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Yes the Bible does speak of not being hot nor cold and lukewarm.I posted this because it was said that the Bible does not say anything of this.

Another good verse ..1 John 2:15-16 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You mean 90% of the "christians" of the world?
    Anonymous

• I do not know about the percentage.I am sure it is high though.Something to point out is that those Christians may be repentent and go on to try to be more pleasing to God.God sees our hearts so He knows the intent.If a Christian just says ohwell it is only what most other Christians are doing so it doesn't really matter and refuses to repent and try harder then one acould assume God would not approve.
    Anonymous

• A good book to read "Crazy Love " by Francis Chan He actually covers this passage in the bible in a chapter of his book and  yes most Christians have some lukewarmness in them. He gave a list of things and wow blow my mind... its a powerful book about God's Love and how we are to live for Jesus. He has a website http://www.crazylovebook.com/  I have 3 chpaters left, its taken me a while to read because its soo deep and intense and full of revelation! I have to chew on a chapter for a couple days lol

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• So if I become Amish that's what God wants? Not using worldly things? Not liking the jewelery I get or getting my hair done or driving my car and stuff?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't say that 3:33 it means we should not put those things above God.
    Anonymous

• Jesus told his disciples that if you bring the good news and they don't respond to shake the dust from your feet and go on, he didn't say to stand outside and scream what sinners they are or go out and try to stop their behavior. Jesus was telling the Congregations of Laodicea that their own behavior was lukewarm, they were not Spiritually rich. it had nothing to do with their not going out and condemning others which the Bible says we are not to do. 1 Cor 5:12 say God will Judge those outside the Congregation.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Still we should not give into the wrong and say it is fine and lead others to believe that it is.Jesus would not have us do that either.He never condoned what was wrong in the Fathers eyes.
    Anonymous

• That would be being "lukewarm" giving in and condoning that which we know is wrong to God.We could very easily lead other Christian astray as well in doing so.Giving them the impression that it is ok to do wrong by God.Also we are called to warn our brethern when we see them stumbling or about to stumble.
    Anonymous

• your right but neither did he go out and get involved in politics and try to stop those who did these things, Jesus said that his disciples would be “no part of the world.” (John 17:16) Jesus himself refused to take part in the politics of his day. (John 6:15)
    When a Jew asked Jesus to judge a matter about inheritance, he responded: “Man, who appointed me judge or apportioner over you persons?” (Luke 12:13, 14) Jesus came to declare the Kingdom good news, not to arbitrate legal matters. (Luke 4:18, 43)
    Jesus shows that telling the Good News of God's Kingdom is the main thing his followers were to do, not get sidetracked by fighting over something that takes away from the work God gave Jesus and his followers.Christ’s works were done in his Father’s name; they were from the Father and showed he was “in union with the Father.” (Joh 10:25, 32, 37, 38; 14:10, 11; 15:24; Ac 2:22)
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Those not followers are not "Our Brethren" Jesus Christ himself said: “Whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.” And the Bible speaks of “God’s household, which is the congregation of the living God.”—Matt. 12:50; 1 Tim. 3:15.

Yes, we are to warn people but nowhere does it say we are their jailers stopping them from using their God Given Free Will.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2010